Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My Search for the Perfect Car


Here's the scoop....I bought this , what I thought was amazing Mercury Cougar in October. My father and I searched forever for a car, and he truely thought he found a great deal. When I bought the car it was in Reno, so I had to have it hauled. Hauling was around $500. Once I got in here, oh by the way it was a week late, we found that the haulers put a HUGE hole in the oil pan when they loaded it. This was extremely devistating to me. Do you know how hard it is to find an oil pan?! It is rediculous. Once we found one it was around $100. This was the hard part...finding time for my brother Casey to put the new one in, the shop was full for the next 2 weeks. Finally Casey works his magic and it is in! What I al of a sudden can't back the Cougar out of the shop? Not a good sign. The transmission was so blown it couldn't go in reverse. I was ready to cry, my entire savings plus the $600 quick repairs, I was now too broke to pay for a transmission. My parents decided to buy me a new transmission for Christmas, nice gesture, but I know I will bring myself to pay them back. So continuing with my outragously long car story... My dad hired my brother Colton's room mate Jake, who is supposed to be a certified car mechanic. Turns out we were wrong about that. Colton and Jake took out the old Transmission to only find that there was water in the oil pan. Once again, a horrible situation. My dad finally decided that the 'ol Cougar was a P.O.S. So eventually Jake was fired, and Colton finished putting the transmission in. A couple of days ago Colton told me Jake bent the Specer Plate when he put the transmission in. This is not good, it makes a significant grinding noise. In order to bend the plate back you would have to take the transmission out again. Colton decided to leave it and let it wear out, in the mean time my dad and I were talking about how we were going to sell the stupid car and get a new one. I am excited about a new car, but I am not excited about never getting the money I put into the car back out of it. Thank you for reading this extremely long blog today. I felt the need to vent, in a way. Anyway thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment